Free delivery when you spend Rs1000 or more (Mauritius delivery only).
- How to care for your Quiet Books
Here are some handy tips on how to hand wash your book and keep them in tip top shape.
You will need:
- A clean sink
- Right temperature water
- Mild liquid hand wash
- Clean towels
Step 1: Ensure the sink where you wash and the area where you dry is clean so your books won't pick up new stains.
Step 2: Follow the quiet book cleaning/washing and drying procedure as in this tutorial.
- Dipping the book in extremely hot water or giving it an ice bath will weaken its fibres / make it hard eventually.
- If you machine wash it, follow the tutorial below.
- When in doubt, stick to conservative cleaning with dry or slightly moist cloth. Do not rub hard.
- Do not soak.
- Always start with a small patch to test.
- If the page / piece has a stain, add a smidgen of the soap to the spot and gently rub it in with your fingers.
- Rinse thoroughly. Do not leave any soap behind.
- Remove excess water by pressing the piece / page in a towel as shown in the video.
- Do not wring or squeeze or twist it with can distort it.
Step 3: Air Dry for at least 12 hours or until completely dry.
Your Quiet Book is now clean!